Data Engineering specialist
We’re bluecrux. Pleased to meet you!
We build tomorrow’s value chains for a better future. LOP.ai is a cloud-based SaaS solution that supports companies in their journey towards resilient supply chains via a Digital Supply Chain Twin (DSCT). It observes the demonstrated supply chain behavior, predicts future performance, steers risk-based decision making & supports them to act upon opportunities spotted.
LOP.ai is working for big multinationals like Johnson & Johnson, GSK, Tereos, Danone, Astrazeneca and caused quite a stir in the market. This is why we’re on the lookout for a data engineering specialist to keep the lights on for our dedicated LOP team.
In the world of big data, every job works together in order to understand the data collected and make the best use of it for the business. It is your role to prepare the infrastructure like algorithms for the data scientists and data analysts.
- Together with the business consultant you gain a deep understanding of our client’s needs and the target business process.
- You demonstrate thorough knowledge of industry best practices, business processes, LOP.ai’s solutions, technical architecture, and value proposition.
- Explore the data with the objective to discover deeper insights and potential use in the next steps of creation and processing of LOP solutions and business use cases.
- Design and build the integration and data processing architecture and strategy for the LOP.ai Digital supply chain Twin.
- Configure the application in alignment with the business needs.
- Deliver end-user training and ensure a smooth transition to the client after the implementation phase
- Report on the progress of the work effort, and follow up to support the application on an ongoing basis.
- Actively help in improving our LOP.ai product features and support processes based on customer feedback by interfacing with the product owner and customer support.
What you bring
- A university degree in engineering (industrial, civil, etc.) or Computer science, Data science, or Mathematics.
- Experience with Kubernetes, Terraform and CI/CD and have significant know-how of data architecture and data infrastructure.
- You know your way around tools like Apache Spark, Beam and/or Kafka.
- Programming skills in Scala and/or Python.
- You understand how Machine Learning works and can support the deployment of ML models on an on-prem or cloud-native infrastructure.
- Knowledge of cloud platforms like AWS, GCP or Azure.
- A team-oriented agile mindset and experience with scrum and DDD (domain-driven design).
- Previous experience with planning applications is a plus (SAP, Oracle, BluYonder, OMP…).
- You know how to use databases (SQL Server, MySQL, PowerBI,) and have worked with middleware solutions for ETL, MOM, and/or ESP processing of data (Azure cloud services and Synapse/Data factory/Databricks experience is a plus).
- Statistical, optimization, and simulation skills (Linear optimization, Monte Carlo simulation, R, Python, …) is nice-to-have.
- Basic understanding of supply chain planning concepts like Demand Forecasting, Distribution-, Supply chain-, inventory, and Manufacturing Planning and optimization, S&OP, etc.
- Experience in configuring software in a SaaS environment: you understand the security risks and you know how to mitigate them.
- The ability to analyze and process large amounts of data.
- Strong ability to lead by example and demonstrate proficiency in both product and domain.
- Fluency in English.
- A razor-sharp analytical mind. You are able to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- The ability to quickly build up excellent product knowledge and stay up to date
- The chance of shaping the future of a product that is already used by large international clients.
- We’ll offer you a cutting-edge technology stack.
- For a great work-life balance, we offer 3 days of remote working and flexible working hours.
- Our offices are located in Mechelen and Aalst – very easy reachable by the E19 and E40.
- Room for initiative and to enhance your personal and professional skills but most importantly: room to be yourself.
- Every career is unique, for that we have clear and transparent career paths at bluecrux. This can also be customized according to your needs.
- A competitive salary package including a bonus, net allowance, premium company car, fuel card, health –and group insurance, …
- The opportunity to optimize your net salary significantly with our IP-ruling.